Silent Flames
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's 2020 and a year ago there was a nuclear explosion. Many people died and the people who survived have genetic mutations. It's a struggle for survival and the start of a three-way war.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The log cabin

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 pm

A well-lit cabin in the woods where a go-between lives, raising dogs bred for war to sell to the three guilds for money. These dogs sometimes have unnatural powers.
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 am

A lone dog crept in at the doors of the hut. Almost at once, barking set up. Barks of welcome, as if the animal was someone the barkers knew.
Inside the cabin, a girl with golden floppy ears was sitting on the end of a small bed. Gathered around her were dogs of every size and colour.
"Welcome back, Rai," the girl was welcoming the dog that had just entered. It was bright orange and covered with black tiger stripes. "Did you bring me news?"
The dog barked, and the girl nodded as if she understood. Maybe she did...
Back to top Go down
Hermes Rose
Admin

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:41 am

Jenny walked into the log cabin and looked around with disdain. "I need some dogs" she commanded.
Back to top Go down
https://silentflame.forumotion.com
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:45 am

Sygnal stood up and bowed in welcome.
"I am sorry my home is not to your taste," she remarked, slightly frostily. "Of course, I can supply you with dogs. What abilities are you looking for tonight? Speed? Strength? Or perhaps Magic?"
The large orange wolf ran to her side and stood silently, waiting for orders. All of the wolves in the cabin had a single grey diamond earring in their left ears to show that they were raised neutrally. There were boxes of black, red and white earrings on the table, too, though they had not been used on any of the animals. It was aparent that these earrings showed their loyalty; grey seemed to be neutral, white and black for the respective flame guilds, and red for the government.
Back to top Go down
Hermes Rose
Admin

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:48 am

"You choose" she said carelessly. "I need 10, preferbly to use as search dogs" she moved to a chair cleaned it with her sleeve and sat down stariring at the girl.
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:05 am

Sygnal nodded.
"Please wait a moment. I will send for ten dogs of suitable description."
She bent down to Rai. "Call Psy," she instructed. Rai barked a few times, turning his head towards the door. A pretty she-wolf whose fur was a shocking purple entered. She had black swirls and butterfly markings all over her. Her eyes were crimson red.
"Psy, please take ten pairs of green diamond ear studs from the table. Rai, I need to to fetch Pointer, her litter of five puppies, her mate and her sister." she instructed. Rai bounded out of the door.
"Hurricane," she called, turning to two dogs by the fireplace. One was sky blue and covered in lilac, mint and white speckles, and the other was deep blue like the seabed and covered with lighter blue markings like bubbles. It was the sky blue one who turned out to be Hurricane. He trotted over quickloy and obediently.
"Can you fetch Sniff and Pritch for me?" she asked, and the wolf shot off at once, his tail wagging.

Within a few moments, Rai returned with a brown and white patched she-wolf whose collar read 'Pointer', a darker brown and white patched male whose collar read 'Bones', five smaller dogs who were obviously their puppies with nametags that read 'Steel', 'Theif', 'Ed', 'Muska' and 'Daniel', and lastly a black and brown patched she-wolf with a collar reading 'Compass'.
Seconds later, Hurricane returned with two bright orange wolves whose nametags read 'Sniff' and 'Pritch'.
Psy surrounded the box of green diamond earstuds with purple light, before levitating them towards the waiting group of dogs. She helped each of the ten chosen dogs to replace their grey studs with green ones. Afterwards, the dogs ran to Sygnal's side.

"Here are the ten dogs." Sygnal nodded. "The first seven are a family, all of which whose skill is sensetive smell and hearing. The last two have the power to taste the air for scent like cats do, as well as having enhanced smell. They all fit your quota."
Back to top Go down
Hermes Rose
Admin

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 am

Jenny stared at the girl and raised her eyebrows. "How much then?" she asked looking with disdain at the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:11 am

"The first seven will only cost around fifty bob together, since they have no powers, only extra sensetive smell. The other two are more expensive, though - ten bob each." Cygnal grinned. "It's cheap for such well trained dogs. They'll obey your every command, guaranteed."
Back to top Go down
Hermes Rose
Admin

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 am

Jenny raised her eyebrow and shoved a fistfull of coins into the girls hand and walked out, the dogs at her heels.
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:10 pm

((Once I've sold a dog, the person who buys them can control them ^^))

The dark blue dog standing next to Hurricane picked up a scent and shot off to investigate. Sygnal shut the door behind the government worker quietly and lay on the bed, exhausted.
"Hurricane, tell Shayde that I'm training with him tomorrow." she murmered, tired. "He's almost old enough to be a lookout and we need some more."
Hurricane whined something in response, but it was too late, Sygnal had fallen asleep.
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Sygnal stood up quickly as her dog slid into the cabin. She blinked.
"Did you bring a guest?" she asked the dog. Rai nodded his head to the door.
"Oh, there's someone coming, you say?" she turned her head to the door.
Back to top Go down
Sunlit

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Lunika stood outside the door foolishly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SunliWolf
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Sygnal opened the door with a smile.
"It's ok, you can come in. It's really cold outside."
Back to top Go down
Sunlit

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:48 pm

Lunika dipped her head and entered.
"I always used to tease wolves" She admitted, "I was, a cat. I'm weary of them, but they don't bother me"
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Sygnal fiddled with one of her floppy gold ears as she walked over to the fireplace and put some more wood on the fire.
"Don't worry about it. I train all of my dogs. It's how I make a living now my parents are gone." she grinned. Rai padded forward and dipped his head in welcome to the stranger.
Back to top Go down
Sunlit

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:55 pm

"I was a cat. I was being attacked by a human ki-child when the exploasion happened. The human died, but Human DNA became intergrated into me" Lunika explained.
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 pm

"Whoah," Sygnal remarked. "I guess being a human must take some getting used to." She pulled up a few chairs and closed the door behind Lunika to stop the cold wind coming in. "I raised dogs all my life. I guess it was no surprise I got these." she tugged at one of her ears. "Still, I was surprised hen most of my dogs all survived. I guess animals' systems can cope with radiation better than human ones."
She made a hot chocolate and offered it to Lunika. "Thirsty?" she grinned, holding out the mug for her to take.
Back to top Go down
Sunlit

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:01 pm

"Miao-Thanks" Lunika stuttered, sitting down, "I struggle with the language at times"
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Sygnal smiled. "You're pretty good at it, considering you were a cat until just a short while ago." she also sat down. "So, what's your name? How you you stay alive now the explosion's taken place?" she asked, curiously.
Back to top Go down
Sunlit

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:11 pm

"I didn't really have one. I know that when I was a kit, they said that I was special. They said I was a Lunika" Lunika shrugged, "So I guess my name is Lunika. I can still transform into a cat, so I hunt mice and that"
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Sygnal looked interested. "Maybe you have special powers? That would be so cool!" she laughed.
Back to top Go down
Sunlit

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Lunika couldn't hide a grin. "Gee, I wish"
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Sygnal laughed. One of her dogs padded up to her and barked a few times. Her happy face suddenly turned solemn and she tood up.
"One of the dogs has wandered into enemy territory," she whispered, worried.
Back to top Go down
Sunlit

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:54 pm

"I can go" Lunika stood up, "They won't suspect a cat"
Back to top Go down
Murasaki
Admin
Murasaki

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Sygnal blinked. "That would be very kind of you," she smiled gratefully. "Are you sure? I could come with you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The log cabin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The log cabin   The log cabin Empty

Back to top Go down

The log cabin
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silent Flames :: The Forest-
Jump to: